Here are the twenty dumb mistakes organizations make to mess up their relationships with the people they employ:
- Add another level of hierarchy because people aren’t doing what you want them to do. (More watchers get results!)
- Appraise the performance of individuals and provide bonuses for the performance of individuals and complain that you cannot get your staff working as a team.
- Add inspectors and multiple audits because you don’t trust people’s work to meet standards.
- Fail to create standards and give people clear expectations so they know what they are supposed to do, and wonder why they fail.
- Create hierarchical, permission steps and other roadblocks that teach people quickly their ideas are subject to veto and wonder why no one has any suggestions for improvement. (Make people beg for money!)
Read the rest of this article here